The Internal Quality Assurance Cell is to create, to maintain, and to enhance the quality in all aspect and has become an integral part of the institution’s system and working towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement of the Polytechnic towards channelizing efforts and measures in academic excellence.
- Coordinate quality-related activities by developing an organised methodology.
- Integrating the activities of the polytechnic to ensure adoption of good practices.
- Creating and maintaining a system of feedback on progress the polytechnic from students and faculties.
- Preparing the annual Quality Assurance Report.
- To organise the programs for students and faculties for advancing the career prospects.
- Organise special programs for students and faculties to motivate them and provide opportunities to explore options for growth.
- To initiate the integration of new methods of teaching, learning and evaluation.
- Organise workshops and seminars on quality-related issues thus promote a culture of quality in all areas and activities of the Polytechnic.
- To review student performance in CIE tests for all departments within 2 weeks of completion of the tests
- To initiate one staff training per staff in one year at NITTR and other institutes
- To register and complete atleast two relevant MOOC courses/ 1 MOOC course and 1 FDP/industrial training( not less than 5 days) by all teaching faculty per year
- To conduct coaching classes for competitive exams like DCET etc and to ensure that 2 students from each department clear the exams successfully
- To Periodically carryout extra-curricular activities through NSS, YRC etc…
- To follow up on the construction of seminar hall
- meeting once a year for carrying out budget utilization and infrastructure maintenance
- To achieve maximum placement of eligible & interested candidates .
- Industry- Institute Interaction
- To sign MoUs or enter into collaborations with a minimum total of five industries for mutually-beneficial interaction and organise at least 5 joint programmes
- To get NBA accreditation for the eligible diploma programmes
Parameters for Internal Auditing
- Monitoring the teaching learning process through Course file auditing.
- Initiating auditing on Question paper setting and evaluation through the Controller of Examinations
- Experiential Learning such as industry visits, internships and projects.
- Learning beyond Curriculum – participation of the students in the guest lectures, seminars, conferences and workshops arranged within or outside the institution.
- Conducting meetings at all levels as per a schedule.
- Student support and progression.
- Alerting the department for student and faculty achievements in terms of competitive examination and publication required with regard to accrediting bodies.